Rushville Family Health Center
2 Rubin Drive
Rushville, NY 14544
24-hour call coverage is available by calling the Center.
Monday-Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Monday-Thursday 5:00pm - 7:00pm
In 1970, the Rushville Health Center opened in response to a growing need of underserved groups who had little to no access to primary care. The Center served the surrounding communities of Geneva, Canandaigua, and Penn Yan. Rushville Health Center boasts a rich history. It was:
- Started by volunteers who ran the health center out of a small house six months out of the year
- All supplies and equipment were donated for the first few years
- Able to remain open year round in its fifth year of operation
- A source of free care for low-income families until 1982 when it began billing for services and seeing anybody who needed care
- Moved to its current location in 1996 after the community raised $600,000 for the cause
- Where a large migrant population received care for many years
Today, Rushville Community Health Center, located at 2 Rubin Drive, continues to provide medical and dental care to generations of patients and families from across the Finger Lakes Region. Many of Rushville’s patients serve the region’s robust tourist and agricultural industries.
Rushville CHC patients are managed by a Care Team, which includes the providers you see at the Center—such as your physician, physician assistant and nurse practitioners, dentist, hygienist, dental assistant, social workers, and care navigators—and are referred to local providers and agencies for behavioral health and non-clinical support services.
The Care Team will make sure you receive accurate and timely treatment and can be a source of guidance, support, education, and empowerment. They coordinate appointments and services and build strong relationships with other health care team members by keeping communication lines open with each other and the patient. They will also help you:
- Offer support, guidance, and instruction
- Learn about the health care system
- Understand your diagnosis and treatment
- Find available educational resources and supportive services
- Get answers to insurance and financial concerns by connecting you to appropriate resources
- Coordinate appointments and transportation assistance
- Provide the answers you need and help you understand the information delivered
- Make referrals to appropriate services such as behavioral health, nutrition, case management, medication assistance, and financial counseling
The Center is currently accepting new Medical and Dental patients. All forms of health insurance are welcome, including Medicaid and Medicare. Rushville CHC also accepts patients without insurance or with limited insurance. Sliding Fee discounts are available to those who qualify.
Medical patients are eligible for behavioral health services. Ask your provider for more information.
Interpreter services are available.
Senior Center Exercise Program
Rushville CHC has partnered with Yates Office for the Aging and Pro Action of Steuben and Yates, Inc. to offer its senior patients access to exercise programs that will help them improve strength, balance, coordination, and mobility. Ask your provider for specific class details.
Need help getting to RCHC?
CATS Dial-a-Ride service is available Monday through Friday from 7:00am – 7:00pm throughout Ontario County. Transportation is provided from your home to your destination. There is an extra fee for crossing county lines.
To reserve your ride, please call 24 hours in advance: 585-394-2250 or 800-667-2287. Reservations can be made between the hours of 9:00am and 3:00pm Monday through Friday. Reservations can be made up to one week in advance.
Transportation is available for Yates County Medicaid recipients. Call Yates County Department of Social Services for information: 315-536-5183
Looking for forms and other resources?
Be sure to check our forms and documents page for new patient packets, advanced directives, sliding fee applications and more.
Paul Mitchell, FNP
Melissa Copella, DDS
Annette Maggi, DMD
Sandra Otero, RDH
Karen Specchio, RDH
Kimberly Thompson, RDH